Saturday, May 5, 2012

This is a place where I will empty out the labyrinth that other people refer to as my head.  I will ramble about meaningless dribble or pull out my soapbox.  I will have late night posts of insomnia induced silliness or tell heartfelt stories (some fiction).  Why?  Because I need a healthy outlet.  I am someone who suffers with what some would call labels (I'm not boxing myself in) I am who I am and although sometimes I make apologies for that I hope here I won't have to. Now on to the name tags that professionals of the mental health community has stuck, written, and scribbled in their almost illegible handwriting (yes apparently those long stints in university was to break you of any semblance of English letter structure) about me.  Clinically depressed, (not really until 2007. apparently before I saw anyone in a clinic about depression I was just depressed. *shrugs* Who knew?)  EDNOS (for those of you who like me didn't go to doctorin' school) Eating disorder not otherwise specified, SI (don't you just love abbreviations?)  Self injurer, and lets not forget the abbreviation almost everyone is familiar with ADHD.  I think I have mostly everything covered. If you have any questions about any of those I will be happy to answer them with what I know but this internet thing has lots of information and you could probably pull up your answer faster than I can respond so I will probably answer with what I know about me or my experiences.
   
Now, about why I call myself a writing fairy... well, I started doing that when I wrote my first story in kindergarten.  I always wanted to be a fairy (purple wings) and I was going to write stories about my imaginary alter ego.  I did but I have no idea where those tattered pages are now.  I did write and draw lots of pictures.  So this is my first blog entry and I hope for many more.  please enjoy!

"Feet what do I need you for when I have wings to fly?"  - Frida Kahlo

10 comments:

  1. This is wonderful my dear friend and I am so excited about your new blog! I will be a frequent visitor and look forward to reading the wisdom, stories and gifts you have to share. You are a precious and beautiful soul and a real blessing.

    May the wind under your wings carry you safely to all the places your heart longs to go.

    Much love and light
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty excited too. Not the feeling of standing naked in front of people part but the sharing in life to encourage others part.

      Namaste

      Delete
  2. Great first post, India, I'm sure you'll find blogging a pretty freeing tool to sort things out that are in that labyrinth.

    Oh, the clinical depression, I think that certifies us for writing, don't you??

    Best of luck, writing fairy,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret, and yes. I think you have to be depressed or crazy to be a writer or an artist. Sadly I think I got a double dip of both. LOL!!!

      Delete
  3. Yay! You go, Writing Fairy! Btw, I have a randomly written in blog, themerrysioux.blogspot.com. Probably a post later today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. Standing naked in virtual land. Here we go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. India, your courage gives me strength to stand up and join you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad to see you've started blogging, Sweetie - you have such a wealth of wisdom, humour, love and life - I know you will benefit, and others will benefit from sharing your writing life! *hugs*

    Writing fairy! I think that is the most charming image - makes me want to give you a very gentle hug, so as not to crease those beautiful wings. I look forward to reading more.

    Lots of love. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, I enjoy reading your blog as well. Sharing the human experience can be so rewarding, uplifting, and humorous all at the same time. That's my goal in this. If there is one person who sees this and know they are not alone in our shared similarities I would be satisfied.

      Delete